A custom music track was created using GarageBand for iPad for the medley. The elves are working on additional display elements.
We added a 4’x4′, 288-pixel wreath, replaced the fence LEDs with pixels and synchronized the lights to music for 2016. The sequences were programmed with xLights making it much easier to program complex patterns.
The LEDs were getting tired in 2014 so we revamped the main tree and outlined the yard, garage and front door with pixels for 2015. Pixels allow for much better animation than previously possible. Animation sequences were created with a custom iPad app that produced a file used by the Raspberry Pi.
- Pixels: Ray Wu’s store on AliExpress
- Controllers: Falcon, SanDevices
- 12V Power Supplies: Amazon (Mean Well NES-350-12 12V 350 Watt Ul Switching Power Supply 110-240 Volt)
- xLights (free light programming software)
- Falcon Player (Raspberry Pi software)