I created a custom music track using GarageBand for iPad for the medley. The elves are working on other display elements. I started a YouTube channel called Canispater Christmas teaching RGB Pixel lighting concepts. I had enough people stop by asking how I did the lights last year and wanted to be able to teach people how to do it. Check it out if you’re interested. We have fun.
We added a 4’x4′, 288-pixel wreath, replaced the fence LEDs with pixels and synchronized the lights to music for 2016. The sequences were programmed with xLights making it much easier to program complex patterns.
The LEDs were getting tired in 2014 so we revamped the main tree and outlined the yard, garage and front door with pixels for 2015. Pixels allow for better animation than before possible. I created animation sequences with a custom iPad app that produced a file used by the Raspberry Pi.
- Pixels: Ray Wu’s store on AliExpress
- Controllers: Falcon, SanDevices
- xLights (free light programming software)
- Falcon Player (Raspberry Pi software)
Amazon Affiliate Links
- Mean Well 12V Power Supply http://amzn.to/2kaWnLC
- Raspberry Pi 3 – Board Only http://amzn.to/2jtVXvt
- Raspberry Pi 3 – Full Starter Kit http://amzn.to/2Ad7oli